Mis Escritos Y Pensamientos

When once the itch of literature comes over a man, nothing can cure it but the scratching of a pen. -Samuel Lover

11:24 PM

2:00 A.M.

Posted by Christa Joy |

It's sad that two in the morning is becoming a familiar face at my apartment.  Both my husband and I have stayed up late writing lately.  (His writing is completely different from mine.  Mine's fun.  His is scholarly.) 

Anyway, I promised to reveal something about the novel.  Here it is.  Sarah, my main character, has a secret.  It's a rather dark secret, and I'm not going to tell you what it is.  However, I will say that it is a topic that is rarely addressed in public, although it is becoming more prevalent in today's society.  It's an uncomfortable one.  Uncomfortable enough that I really did spend a year struggling over whether or not to address it, how to address it, and how much to address.

As I write, this topic is starting to become more prevalent in the story.  Soon it will come out boldly slapping the reader in the face perhaps.  This makes me writing much more difficult.  I prayerfully continue on, asking for guidance in the correct words to use.  So, as a warning to those of you who read Sarah's story one day, it's not the lighthearted fun one might suspect from the title.

Today's Word Goal: 33,333

Today's Word Count: 34,637  (I didn't write the 1,667 words needed today, even though I'm still ahead.  I'm trying to write extra before leaving for Thanksgiving travels and family.  It's the toughest time of the month, as so much great family time is available, but the final day is the Monday that we will be driving back.) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe