Mis Escritos Y Pensamientos

When once the itch of literature comes over a man, nothing can cure it but the scratching of a pen. -Samuel Lover

10:08 AM

User Name...

Posted by Christa Joy |

Every account must have a user name.  Oh the curse of the coming up with said information.  I try to keep the same one for most places, but for NANO I had to do something special.  What would it be?  Well, finally, after many attempts and  "This user name is already in existence" I came up with....

Alcottgirl

Hopefully, most of my readers are not completely lost by this.  I first read Louisa May Alcott's Little Women when I was probably 8 or so years old.  (Ok, it was the Great Illustrated Classics edition, but still.)  Soon I acquired the non-abridged version, and since then I have read it about 6-8 times.  I'm not sure if you realize how big of a book this is.  My reading copy is over two inches thick.  Reading copy?   Well, yes, because since that first introduction to Alcott I've begun collecting antique copies of her works.  I have several copies that were printed in the early 1900's.  I also have several "reading copies" of the books because I don't want to damage the antique ones.

Little Women is actually not even my favorite of her works, and it saddens me that so few have read her other books.  If you haven't quite grasped my interest when it comes to all things Alcott, I wrote a 25 page paper as my senior research project in order to complete the Honor's program in college.  Yes, I enjoy Louisa May Alcott.  So, the name make sense now, eh?

2 comments:

Grandma said...

The user name fits you to a perfectly.
Great Idea!!!!!

Grandma said...

I need to read what I write. Sorry,it should read
'fits you perfectly' I think I started to say 'fits you to a T'

Post a Comment

Subscribe