Mis Escritos Y Pensamientos

When once the itch of literature comes over a man, nothing can cure it but the scratching of a pen. -Samuel Lover

7:17 PM

Unos Musica

Posted by Christa Joy |

I love music, like most people in the world.  However, I don’t have as much musical knowledge as the average person.  I’m horrible at remembering band names and song titles.  For some reason, lately, I’ve been in musical desert.  My many songs on my computer have sat dormant for about two months.  Even turning the radio on in my car is a rare occurrence.  I’m not sure about the cause of this, but I hope that my dry spell is coming to an end.  Music makes life more exciting. 

Something that makes my musical tastes… “odd” is that I listen to music that most people don’t listen to.   For instance, how many people actually know who Oliver James is?  His two songs that have been recorded, are in my top favorites. 

I also  love soundtracks.  No, not the average musical soundtrack from Wicked or Hairspray…I’m talking about soundtracks from more obscure movies.  In my playlists I have the soundtracks from “A Cinderella Story”, “A Goofy Movie”, “Anastasia”, “Tarzan”, “Beauty and the Beast”, and “The Prince of Egypt”.  All of these have great music, and still, few listen to them.  So, if you’d like to try a little something different.  I would recommend any of the above.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Oliver James!
You know, sometimes when I'm missing you, I go to YouTube and play the songs from 'A Goofy Movie.'

Jessica said...

I also love soundtracks and I own the Tarzan soundtrack. I also have Dazed and Confused and Pulp Fiction. Let me think.... I have O' Brother, Where Art Thou and Coyote Ugly. I'm sure there are plenty more of them.

You'll be in my Heart, from Tarzan, is one of my favorites. So, you aren't so weird (unless we both are).

thepianist86 said...

"beauty and the beast" and "the prince of egypt" are obscure movies?

=)

Post a Comment

Subscribe