Mis Escritos Y Pensamientos

When once the itch of literature comes over a man, nothing can cure it but the scratching of a pen. -Samuel Lover

7:50 AM

B-A-N-A-N-A-S

Posted by Christa Joy |

I wasn't completely surprised when I glanced at the time and saw that it was already 10 a.m. Since doctors recommend 8-10 hours of sleep, I have no guilt about sleeping until 10 when I don't go to sleep until 2 in the morning. An unusually warm apartment keeps my awake, as well as a new environment. Finally I got out of bed, showered and headed to the kitchen. In my fridge I knew there was a wonderful treasure. (No, I am not speaking about pickles, although, they too are a wonderful treasure.) I am referring to the tomatoes that were supposed to go home with my parents, but got left here instead. Aahhh...what a great sacrifice they made for me. I had bacon in the bottom drawer and a new toaster to try out. After several minutes, and a few near catastrophes with a couple of ornery eggs, my husband and I sat down to a wonderful brunch. The poor boy had never been introduced to such a lovely meals as bacon, egg, tomato and cheese on toast. He's lucky he married me.

Then it was off to work. My apartment was still a mess, and I had to get motivated to get things done. Luckily I learned some time in the past year that I am very goal oriented. I need to set an attainable goal, and then I feel satisfaction in seeing thing completed. I wrote down the name of each room in my house on a separate sheet of paper (eg: kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, etc...), and then drew them out randomly. I couldn't do anything in the next room until I finished the room I was on. It worked like a charm. I finished three rooms in one day! Of course, I still don't have any clothes unpacked (the darn bedroom paper must have stuck to the bottom).

Soon the temperature began to rise again. I watched as the thermometer snuck to the upper 80's. Remembering my plight with the pickles, this day I reverted to a new means of keeping cool. It was definitely one of the highlights of my day. I pulled my frozen bananas out of the fridge. They were delightful, just the thing that I needed. I even shared one with Bert. (He had never had a frozen banana. He sure is getting cultured living with me, the brave soul.) Now, there are some things that you should perhaps know about frozen bananas. Obviously, they are cold, so I will not go over that. However, the best way to freeze them is to cut them in half, not long ways, just across the middle. Then, stick them on a fork, this way you can eat them like a popsicle, but they are so much better for you! Also, and this is of the utmost importance...make sure you peel them before you freeze them! I have learned this lesson from the wisdom of others, thank you for teaching me from your mistakes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe