Mis Escritos Y Pensamientos

When once the itch of literature comes over a man, nothing can cure it but the scratching of a pen. -Samuel Lover

6:02 PM

Then and Now

Posted by Christa Joy |

I'm one of those people who likes to see what I was doing a year ago at this time. College graduation this week, was one of those times that really brought back those "year ago" memories. I think back to my graduation, only a year ago, but so much has changed.

1. Last year, my grandpa was at my graduation. I remember that he didn't stay long for my party, because he wasn't feeling well. This year, he couldn't be better, because he's home.

2. Last year, I was moving home without a job, and no prospects for any type of future in the career world. This year, I'm back at home, having moved away,and returned again. As far as career prospects go...well the future is still wide open, although now, I have a year of office experience as well as a year of experience teaching at the college level. That pretty much blows my mind.

3. Last year, I was beginning a long journey of healing from past hurts. This year, God has brought be so far, and continues to grow and heal me.

4. Last year, in fact, this year last week, I obeyed God. I was completely honest with one of my best friends, telling him that I had a crush on him. He told me that the feeling was not mutual. This year, I am planning my wedding, to the same friend. :)

The lesson I know I've shared over and over is the one that I keep learning over and over. Por siempre Dios es fiel! Forever God is faithful. No matter what comes through the changing of time, good or bad, God is still God. In Him I can trust.

1 comments:

Grandma said...

Times seems to fly by so fast and things and life can change in the twinkling of an eye but God is still with us and He is the One we should always rely on and trust. I have seen you grow so much this past year. I want to thank you for your inspirational blogs and talks and let you know, no matter how old you get, you can still grow closer each day to God. I am speaking from experience because I feel like even though I am 'old as dirt' I am still growing.

Post a Comment

Subscribe